Thursday, July 17, 2014

Breaking it down

I've been silent for a few days; I allowed myself to lose focus. . . .  momentarily. That's the cool thing about being Accountable, about making a Goal a public thing.  Even though I hadn't posted, I still had friends, family, framily, and even folks I don't know very well tell me that I've motivated them to take steps toward their own health.  So suddenly my Goal became not about me, but about helping others feel motivated. If I can do it YOU can too!
I had to refocus because I felt that I was letting more than me down; to get back to steps that keep me moving toward success: steps to maintain confidence, fuel ambition; to persist with the right attitude. I can DO this! Me: the one who's going to do 100 pushups by the end of August! Will you do this with me?? I need your motivation!

I felt overwhelmed, so I broke it back down again to what can I do each day, when I don't really have 30 minutes to set aside. 
Today? Different day.   I did 6 sets of 10 each desk presses; building strength.

I went to WalMart and spent $1.50 on a "bouncy ball" you know, one of the colorful plastic/rubber balls kids play with - about the size of a soccer ball.
With this small accessory and a little bit of space at our desks, the kitchen table, the bathroom sink, or a wall, we have what we need to build strength and stamina.  A step at a time.  Can you do this? Of course!  But will you?

Yesterday, I confirmed that I'm going to lead a deskercise demonstration for a small (but enlightened) group at my office. It really boosted my confidence and motivation! I hope you'll follow along! As I develop different moves I'll post them.  Tell me what you think. Tell me if you feel silly (I hope so, fun is part of it), or if I'm not describing well enough.
 
I hope you'll comment! I hope you'll try it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment